Services Offered by Our Eye Doctor in Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Elman offers full service optometric care for the whole
- Comprehensive eye examination (detection, diagnosis and treatment of eye health and vision problems) which includes Optos Ultra Wide Retinal Optomap (additional charges apply to covered insurance exam).
- Contact lens examination and fitting of specialty contact lenses, including toric contact lenses for astigmatism, bifocal contact lenses, colored contact lenses) along with the follow-up care necessary for the successful wear of these lenses
- In-house inventory of disposable contact lenses
- Comanagement (pre and post surgical evaluation) of refractive surgery (LASIK, PRK, Intacs. Lens implant) and cataract surgery candidates
- Eyewear, from budget frames to designer creations, sunglasses with or without prescription, sports frames, clip-ons, and eyewear accessories. Designer frame lines include Georgio Armani, Anne Kleine, Bebe, Bongo, Christian Dior, Dakota Smith, Gant, Guess, Carrera, Nicole Miller, marc ecco, Ralph Lauren Polo, Persol, Prada, Rayban, Miyagi, Miyagbi, Revlon, Norman Rockwell Collection, Royal Dalton, Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger, United Colors of Benetton, Versace and others.
- For more information http://www.1800MyEyeDoc.com
- Se Habla Espanol
- Acceptance and assistance in filing for insurance benefits
- Eyewear repair and adjustmentdescribing why they may or may not be good for you and your individual lifestyle
- Explanations of the various lens options that are vailable
- Filling your existing or new eyeglass prescription with the lastest lens options (including designs of PALs [Progressive Addition Lenses--lenses which vary in focus from center to bottom which are examples of "no line bifocals"] made in various optical materials and special occupational lenses)
Facilities and Equipment
Dicon Autoperimeter for visual
Toll free 800 number
Dr. Elman has password protected remote access to computerized appointment scheduling and patient records. It is possible for prescription and appointment data to be communicated between patient and doctor when neither are in the office. This may be important when glasses are broken or contact lenses are lost when patients are out of town (often the time when emergencies occur!).
Types of Payment Accepted
We accept Cash, Personal Checks, Debit Card, American Express, Master Card, Visa, and Discover.
We participate with VSP, Medicare, MES/ECN(Medical Eye Service/EyeCareNetwork), Spectera, VCP(VisonCare Plan), others but have us verify coverage before exam. Check with our staff if you have other types of coverage.
Our staff speaks English, and Spanish.
EyeGlass Guide will help you better understand the many lens choices available to you. This on-line tool will guide you through a series of questions about you, your lifestyle and your specific eyewear needs. At the end, you'll receive eyewear suggestions specifically tailored to meet your needs. EyeGlass Guide is brought to you by Transitions.
View an instant demonstration of Transitions photochromic technology. See how lenses darken and fade back to clear to provide continual visual comfort and protection. Demonstrations brought to you by Transitions.